Monday, February 7, 2011

Crying the Good Cry

Sometimes, days are just shitty.  I am embarrassed, but not reluctant  to mention that yesterday was one of these days.  Sometimes, you need to take a dust bath in the dark to be able to appreciate the flight back up to where the light hits your face again.


 Upon leaving the real estate office that I recently started working in (which was drenched in sunlight and upbeat because the weather was gorgeous)...
I realized that I didn't have much money for groceries.  I'm in my twenties.  It's been known to happen.  I called my mom to vent, which always helps, but I was still conflicted.  I had spent the night before with a great friend, out much later than I should have been and way too active.  It's extremely easy to forget that I'm still healing, and letting my schedule become off-track can throw me straight back into relapse.

I'll be damned if I let that happen.

I have to remember to take things slowly, focus on myself and listen to my body.  It's screaming for me to stop, and reevaluate the things that I wish I never had to.  To choose between my body, and my social life, my health... and traces of any love life that I have left.

I walked home from work.  It's an effing hike, but I haven't been able to really walk in soo long that I just sort of started and couldn't stop.  

And I sobbed the whole way.
Those are the best tears.  I saw things that made me smile.  Things that made me think.  And appreciate every teeny thing I have.  I felt like an idiot for being sad for myself.  I have been SO blessed.  Last month-- I couldn't take a step without pain.  I was the Mummy.  
The lights came on.  I was home in my head.  Not a damn thing in my life is horrifying enough 
to keep me from finding something to smile about everyday.

Really?!
YES.

The power of positivity can change everything.  But you won't see the signs that the Universe gives you unless you open your peepers.  


Allow for Flutter Moments.
and LOVE what you're given!!

Someone I love told me not not let my mind play tricks on me... that everything will work out the way it's meant to.
 Every second is an important part of this life's journey, suckaaaa.
And if you have to cry it out sometimes to get through, do it.  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...