Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Is For Awesome

I was going through my jewelry box this morning, [when I say jewelry- I mean my collection of outdated beaded necklaces and mood rings that I somehow, cannot toss.] and I came across something that I bought a couple of years ago.  I was infatuated with someone, in love even, and actually purchased something small with their initial on it, to wear around my neck.  
Um... No.

I had to laugh.  
Was I actually that far from my own identity? 
 I do not blame this person.  I must let that be known.

Not long after stumbling upon that piece of the past, I went to grab something from my nightstand and saw this beauty.
Thaaat's better. 
 [And I also realized that Liz Lemon wears one in gold]

It's crazy to fathom that we can lose ourselves so quickly in someone else.  I'm pretty excited that I am lucky enough to be able to see this now.  The next time that I fall for someone, I will be wearing my own identity, as it has become something that I love.

Having a Crohn's flare has shown me that I am very much stronger than I thought I was.  While I have an amazing support system of family and astoundingly loyal friends, I came this far thanks to my own strength.  There are a lot of sparkling words that start with the letter A.

My favorite, just so happens to be 
ALICIA

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...