Friday, April 22, 2011

Listen, All Uh Y'all


Do you ever notice that we often talk ourselves out of being happy?  Not sure about you, but I find that with many avenues in my life, that I am sometimes keeping myself from fully letting go.  I let thoughts of failure or pain creepily slither their ways into my mind and the opportunity for accomplishment or success is sometimes shot.

These thoughts are poison, yo.

I've been writing down everything that I'd like to do.  I include feelings, character traits to strengthen or ditch, and seemingly small things that may help me later.  Like remembering to buy more toilet paper before I run completely out and have to use paper towels. 
(Which a lot of us have done.  People get desperate.  You're no exception.)

Only this week, I didn't have any paper towels.
Don't ask.

I was trying to make a point, and it is
that individually, we can hold ourselves back from a lot of extraordinary opportunities.  
Unacceptable.

What I won't hold myself back from, is finding a monster stick-on mustache and wearing it with an equally gaudy pair of aviator sunglasses.  Because I refuse to sabotage the silly.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...