Monday, August 15, 2011

There Will Be Blog

I started writing all of this emotional mish-mash in December of last year.  I include personal stories and small triumphs in my struggle with Crohn's Disease, and share moments that mean the most to me.  I like this journalistic approach because the reason that I started writing this blog in the first place was for myself, and for my family and friends far from me to be able to check in on how I'm doing without having to be tied down to lengthy conversations about my health.  I also needed a place to vent.  I got it.  I also got contacted from readers from a lot of other places who have been going through the same events that I had been.  For that reason alone, I would continue posting this stuff forever.

I have been blog walking like a crazy person lately, stumbling upon amazingly put-together pages from all over the globe that showcase beautiful, and highly sought after articles and photos [in the blogging world]... The thing that gets me is that these pages are built by incredibly able, incredibly young bloggers.  And I am thoroughly impressed.  I am amazed at the number of different blogs on the internet.  I had not really gotten into many others until recently, and I think that there is much to be said about people who can share so much about their lives in such a personal way.  Art blogs, Fashion blogs, Illustration and Health blogs... they're all blowing my mind.  

I am now part of a Publishing Network called BlogHer.  I'm learning so much...
I guess I'm just posting today because I'm proud of this little doo-dad.  I love that I feel good about what's coming from my mind, through my computer, to the people that I care about, and new friends.  Being sick is really hard, and I like to think that I have been building Stale Cabbage into a healing element for myself.  I'm just glad that other people find it enjoyable too.

So, thanks.  Because
has come a long way.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...