Monday, September 24, 2012

Acting Your Shoe Size Can Save Your Life

There are advantages to staying silly. It's been one trait that I'm happy I held onto since my childhood. As adults, we find ourselves obligated to deal with more and more grown-up crap that we hadn't expected. I guess I've always wondered, 'Why keep it difficult?'. Goofing around can lighten any situation, you've just got to know the line that divides silly from disrespectful.

Keeping a silly composition helps immeasurably when you're forced to face what scares you. I haven't seen these videos below since Steve and I took them last year before and after a colonoscopy, during the most intense flare of my life. I like to think that it was this attitude that kept me fighting, kept those around me fighting, and brought me to where I am now. Closer to remission than I have been in over two and a half years.



We've come a long way, Steven.
And we haven't stopped giggling yet.

Thank you for keeping that cute lil' smile on your face, when you were just as afraid as I was. 


LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...